Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Geth Dreadnaught: Big Balls

FIRST THING'S FIRST: Dear friend of MSPixel, MSPal Scott Foss has decided to argue my anti-AI stance with this piece of fan art.

Thank you, Mr. Foss, you have changed many a heart today. (No, seriously, thank you, I love it when you guys do crazy stuff for me!)

Okay, so last time we were running away furiously, right? Quick! Everyone to the elevator!

 photo qua63_zps276cf4c0.png

Oh hush, Camp Chrono is nigh upon us and y'all goin' have to get used to some Chrono Trigger around here.

Story time? Story time. I seem to remember a ton of these jrpg "get in the elevator and fight the guys!" sequences from the SNES era. In an effort to spare y'all more Chrono Trigger, I went looking for a screenshot of the one from Final Fantasy 3. 6. Whatever makes you yell at me less. Am I making that up? I thought there was one! I couldn't find it, though, so I typed in "chrono trigger elevator." GIS spit out a screenshot of the elevators in Mass Effect 1.

Sunrise, sunset, children.

 photo qua64_zps343a0101.png

The point I'm trying to make is, we're in an elevator, this is ... not quite an RPG, but it's grandaddy was one, so we should know what comes next.

 photo qua65_zps9dcadab9.png

 photo qua66_zps8fc835e6.png

Yeah, yeah, naw, she can save the whole citadel, bring down an entire hive of collectors, but naw I totes believe a wayward shot from some punk robot tipped Commander Vertigo Shepard over the edge of a jrpg elevator.

 photo qua67_zpse737532f.png

 photo qua68_zps13d39b45.png

Probably thrown in there for the talimancers. Gross. Let's continue on. Shepard eventually comes up on some bigass ball.

Since this is a jrpg it's probably mako naw, but freal, let's see:

 photo qua69_zpsd7695d5e.png

 photo qua70_zps3d885299.png

 photo qua71_zps0e15dff2.png

 photo qua72_zpse3f32e3d.png

I'm sorry, I've laughed about Dashcon for days.

Okay, but freals:

 photo qua73_zps3a657d39.png

So before we help Legion down, let's talk it to death!

 photo qua74_zps9ad14cfd.png

Tali has a damn point, Legion is right there at the epicenter of the broadcast. But naw, Shepard trusts him because ... um ... I don't know, I guess once a man wears your titty, you have an unbreakable bond.

Obviously Shepard took one look at Scott Foss' fanart and was convinced.

 photo qua75_zps32269af4.png

 photo qua76_zps9b4d7b48.png

 photo qua77_zps9d987795.png

Legion is retelling the Morning War very quickly, of course. Remember, "creators" is the geth word for "quarians" and "old machines" are "reapers."

And we'll go into it more later, but the geth gained sentience, the quarians flipped the hell out, war war war, and we then come to the events of the Mass Effect series.

Hold on. Old machines and geth together. Didn't we already do a mission like this? Does that mean ... ?

 photo qua78_zps46b067dd.png

Okay, so, uh, Legion's loyalty mission was bullshit. That's always a good feeling.

Like Legion says, you can undo it on the far side of the room.

 photo qua79_zps4076cb01.png

 photo qua80_zps42bd7c0a.png

 photo qua81_zps384c3c3b.png

 photo qua82_zps85b1fe2e.png

Wow! That sure is violent! Luckily next time we won't have any violence or shooting or anything!

NEXT TIME: I am a liar.

No comments:

Post a Comment