Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Legion: The Heretics

... I stayed up too late last night playing Animal Crossing.

Fuck me, what am I saying? There IS no "too late" for Animal Crossing. Is that ghost guy in New Leaf?

All right, let's do Halo. Dragon Age. The fuck game is it that I'm MSPainting again?

 photo leg43_zps73267cef.png

Shouldn't that be a push-button-everyone-dies sort of operation? Damn, Legion, step up.

 photo leg44_zps55bb0a24.png

 photo leg45_zps3cb49577.png

 photo leg46_zps0d6ff95c.png

Don't feel bad, Shepard, I had no idea what Legion was talking about either.

All right, so the geth apparently don't have fiber optic cables I guess, so Shepard and Tali are stuck fighting while Legion plays peggle works on the heretics.

 photo leg47_zps051af747.png

The game gives you a shooting gallery, which is great if you give a shit about sniping. The idea is that you're supposed to guard Legion and not let any geth up the ramp.

 photo leg48_zpsc0c4c31a.png

My vanguard ass just kind of impotently throws pull into the crowd and hopes.

Legion can hack turrets for you, and Tali's got Chiktika of course, but as is, you almost have to let the geth come up the ramp and almost get to Legion before you can charge/punch.

See, because if you charge?

 photo leg49_zps8605d0c9.png

 photo leg50_zpsddfded5e.png

 photo leg51_zpsd4e3a3c5.png

The game will block you. I guess maybe that's glass there?

 photo leg52_zps58bb95c9.png

 photo leg53_zpsc4129dc9.png

Legion, honey, shouldn't you decide that yourself?

You can tell him that, but it refuses to choose. It gives some reason, but the real reason is, I'm sure, "You're the lead character, jackass, play the game."

 photo leg54_zps6927650b.png

Okay, stay with me for a second.

 photo leg55_zps708eec30.png

BUT BEAN THAT ISN'T THE PARAGON OPTION!?

You're exactly right. But the renegade action sets you up better for ME3, so we're taking it. I have no idea WHY this is the correct answer, but Bioware says it is, so.

If you think about paragon in terms of good/bad, this makes no sense. Why would the 'good' or 'moral' option be to brainwash the heretics? But renegade is technically supposed to be 'fast, damn the concequences', so it fits better with that definition.

 photo leg56_zpsb59173b9.png

I am going to shave this MSPixel a hair short, because of yesterday's special edition MSPixel. I've MSPainted so much these last two days that if I mspaint one more thing I may die. Literally. I will die of MSPaint.

But next time is gonna be special!

NEXT TIME: An entry that was actually requested! Somebody asked for this shit!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's considered paragon because it leaves the runtimesa alive, rather than erasing their existence. Incidentally, I shared your impression at first that the renegade option was better buildup for 3, but actually, it turns out not to make a difference [SPOILER WARNING XD] if you manage to save both fleets. It really only makes a difference if you're forced to choose, something that the strat guide is actually rather unclear about. Actually, scratch that, the guide is flat out wrong. :D

    ReplyDelete