Monday, July 14, 2014

Surprise!

BEAN THIS IS NOT WEDNESDAY OR FRIDAY WHAT THE HELL

Patience comes to those who wait.

 photo cct1_zpse3f582c6.png

 photo cct2_zps40de327b.png

 photo cct3_zps85aef262.png

(Husbando~ and I like to make very bad religion jokes to each other. I drew this one just for him. You can view this panel if you don't think it will make you mad.)

 photo cct5_zpscd9cadad.png

 photo cct6_zps9bd19c32.png

 photo cct7_zps5cf8f254.png

 photo cct8_zps463ff523.png

 photo cct9_zps096234d9.png

 photo cct10_zps1ea76ad1.png

Oh, man, though, you can't really refuse The Literal Jesus Christ, can you? We'd better do what He says!

 photo cct11_zpsb0ec22eb.png

Does anyone remember Earthbound Funktastic Gameplay? DAMN did I love that program. The idea was that everyone would play a small chunk of Earthbound every day together. Let's do that with Chrono Trigger! We'll call it Camp Chrono! Or Camp Crono if you're a stickler.

Here's the idea: starting next week, every Monday through Friday, I'll post a small chunk of Chrono Trigger for us all to play through together. I'll make the chunks small enough to be manageable, I promise. You can catch up on the weekends if you get behind.

In addition, you'll get a short, poorly drawn comic with each chunk! How can you go wrong!?

(Don't worry, your regularly scheduled Mass Effect will still go on! Think of it as getting double MSPixel.)

I'm telling you now so you can get yourself a copy of Chrono Trigger to play with. Chrono Trigger has been released in many different formats over the years:

  • The original SNES version, of course. If you don't already own this, you're going to have to borrow from a friend or go to eBay. It's hella expensive there.
  • The original DS (not the 3DS) has a version. This version has a totally different translation, though. (They messed up Frog!) It is, however, cheaper and easier to get ahold of. It should also run on a 2DS/3DS.
  • The PSX has a version, but the code is borky and runs really slow. This is actually the version I've beaten the most, though, so I don't think it's as bad as everyone says.
  • The Wii Virtual Console has a version. I'm assuming it's also on WiiU, but I don't have a WiiU and can't verify that for you. Honest to hell, if I didn't have any other version, this is the way I would go.
  • Chrono Trigger is also out for iOS and Android if you're a mobile person.
There are also less-than-legal ways for you to play Chrono Trigger, but none of you would ever do that, would you.

I haven't decided if I'm playing old translation or new translation yet. TOO EXCITED.

ONE MORE THING: If any of you have any Chrono fan work you'd like me to post, send it to me! I'll put it with the appropriate section.

Anyway, HELL YES. Let's play!

3 comments:

  1. Cool! I have this for the DS and have always meant to play it but never have. Now I will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vomit furiously with excitement

    ReplyDelete
  3. All this reverence for the best game created by human hands is truly inspiring. I'd write a hymn, but perhaps I'll just hum Glenn's theme for a while.

    ReplyDelete