Friday, September 13, 2013

Mass Effect Conviction: Surprise!

MASS EFFECT 3 IS IMMINENT, CHILDREN.

I'd rather start it on a Wednesday, just for neatness, plus another thing or two I've got up my sleeve. Which is okay, because we've got another piece of media, one that I actually like! This is high praise, because it's a comic book, and I fucking hate comic books.

Mass Effect Conviction was a free 10 page digital comic book meant to bridge directly to Mass Effect 3, so it's a great choice for today. It starts with James Vega sitting in a bar listening to a newscast.

 photo cov1_zpsf28909b3.png

One reason I like Conviction is that it's not asking you to give a shit about bit players. Didn't see too many Desolas cosplayers at DragonCon this year, jussayin'. I mean, here's Vega right up front, and we'll run into a couple more players in a second.

If you've forgotten, the newscast is referring to the events of Arrival.

 photo cov2_zps25eab87c.png

And if you recall from Paragon Lost, Mr. Vega dearly loves Shepard.

 photo cov3_zps91aefc4c.png

See, batarians don't. They're still pissed over the gazillion or so batarians that Shepard killed. Whoops!

 photo cov4_zps481d735a.png

 photo cov5_zps8a9fff00.png

Vega et all get in a pretty impressive bar fight. Luckily, an old friend comes by to pick him up off the floor:

 photo cov6_zps6a33b346.png

... fuck me, is that Anderson? And is he actually black!?

Okay, so. From here on out, Bioware got out a brown crayon and gave Anderson an actual skin color. So yeah, I've had fun, but I'm going to be actually respectful and color him brown now.

Anderson takes Vega to Earth, to a very familiar ship.

 photo cov7_zps213f9efb.png

Wait, hang on, shit, let me try that again.

 photo cov8_zps7b2224bc.png

And on board?

Hold on to something, I'm telling you.

 photo cov9_zps300f3407.png

 photo cov10_zps85f97b0a.png

Holy shit, Shepard, I missed you. Don't ever go away again.

What? You fucking go fact check me, THE actual factual Commander Shepard, born April 11th 2154, died 2183, kind of not really reborn 2185, shows up in this comic book, really for real in the flesh.

 photo cov11_zpsc8fd5f2a.png

 photo cov12_zpsaa5857da.png

 photo cov13_zps2c572217.png

 photo cov14_zpsd3170f4a.png

 photo cov15_zps6df77085.png

 photo cov16_zps4743f49c.png

And thus, that's where we are in the time of Mass Effect 3: Anderson is on Earth, Vega is guarding Shepard, and maybe we shouldn't discuss what Shepard spends six months doing.

Anyway, I'll shut up about media. Next time is real, honest, 100% pure uncut USDA Certified Mass Effect 3. Holy SHIT I'm going to be so glad to get back to playing the games, y'all will never know.

NEXT TIME: We discover that Anderson actually isn't the best CO.

3 comments:

  1. I was actually upset that Vega wasn't a romance option. Because I'd hop on that train so fast Kaiden's head would spin! But not Garrus'. He's too cool for that business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Vega was a romance option I would have played ME3 again just for that.

      Delete
  2. at least in the Citadel DLC you had the option to have a one night fling with him

    ReplyDelete