Friday, September 20, 2013

Big Trouble in Little Vancouver

All right, if you're not too fucked off at me, let's go.

 photo me326_zps9a8eb859.png

Take a brief moment and try and guess why before we go on!

 photo me327_zpsd7957c5a.png

Yeah, legit, ask Jenkins and Wilson how well this works out.

Jenkins, Wilson, Daveth, Jory, Bethany, Carver, Jing Woo, Gorion ...

 photo me328_zpsa9f8292b.png

 photo me329_zpscf57bcfa.png

 photo me330_zpse4e5878a.png

Alright, so Anderson decides to risk it, I guess, and we're thrown out into the tutorial level.

You can put points into powers at this point! Hey, MSPixel Hivemind: help a sister out. When I first started up Mass Effect 3, I swear I could put points into powers for Anderson, but when I started the game up for my MSPixel playthough, I couldn't do anything vis a vie his powers. Did Bioware patch that out?

I wouldn't be surprised. The game will switch Vega into Anderson's party slot later, they probably occupy the same place in the code or something. Very 1990s RPG programming.

This conversation really truly happened in our living room the first time I played:

 photo me331_zpsf1cefe8d.png

... I can't ever see the damn text on the screen, I have to stand up to look at the TV like a damn old person. I'm far sighted, damnit. I shouldn't have this problem!

 photo me332_zps8014739f.png

iamstillabadperson.jpg

 photo me333_zpsf9abd6ac.png

 photo me334_zpse3e07a1e.png

 photo me335_zps93ff6b01.png

 photo me336_zps5fc7b0dc.png

Husbando~ still to this day claims that he was in the right because weight reduction would reduce the recharge time on charge, and I still to this day claim that Husbando~ is being a dick.

All right, fine, let's tutorialize.

 photo me337_zps834dfccd.png

See, because we've played three games now, and still don't know "use the stick to move forward".

 photo me338_zps96059fd7.png

Hi! Please wave hello to Commander Shepard, our fat stupid protagonist who can't aim a gun!

This happens, Anderson stands around and taunts Shepard while husks creep up on their ass. You know you can't use pull here? Man, I was tossing pull around like a boss and Anderson was still yelling. Why? They were dying, weren't they?

Take a deep breath before you go to the next panel.

 photo me339_zps724e60a8.png

Sorry, didn't mean to kick you in the PTSD.

 photo me340_zps31484566.png

One of the criticisms of the Mass Effect series were that the NPCs all looked the same. Specifically, why didn't the galaxy have any children?

Oh hoh, said Bioware.

(Actually, they probably said "hoh hoh," since they're Canadian and that's sort of Frenchish.)

This is the third and last child in the series when we consider all the media, Gillian Grayson being the first and my best friend April being the second. You remember this little nameless bastard's face, he'll make you want to kick balls later.

 photo me341_zps9933ac0a.png

Hi, everyone! Please wave hello to our protagonist, Commander Shepard. When that fat idiot isn't busy missing the broad side of the barn with her gun, she's sitting around talking to random duct work.

Anderson and Shepard continue through the debris out onto a ledge.

Ey yo, can I get a plot summary from one of you?

 photo me347_zpsa2ee096b.png

Perfect.

 photo me342_zps1b2e49e9.png

 photo me343_zpsb38e2d80.png

Just then, Shepard slips on some debris.

 photo me344_zpsd16aa7e8.png

You get used to this shit, "Shepard falling down" is pretty much the plot of Mass Effect 3.

USELESS TRIVIA TIME: If you play as broshep, Anderson will grab Shepard by the chest. If you played as the correct Shepard, Bioware realized that that would way too much like Anderson trying to tittygrab Shep, and changed the animation so that Anderson grabs her by the waist instead. I would call him a gentlemen if only.

So this happens, actual dialogue:

 photo me345_zps165f96c0.png

What in the hell does that mean? Shepard owes Anderson for what, calling her a fatass who can't shoot? And what's this "more than one" shit? What is that, even, I don't get it. Let's try that again.

 photo me346_zps1f86f14f.png

Tadaaaa.

I seriously thought I could tie this up in one entry, but sadly, no. Let's pick up next time.

NEXT TIME: Just sittin' on the dock of some famous bay. ... as famous as anything in Canada is.

3 comments:

  1. BAHAHA oh god I always wondered what was with the "more than one" thing.

    ALSO! I think it has to do with the timing. When you're running on the building, he doesn't have an option for putting points in. After you take out the cannibals and go over the bridge (I don't know how to describe it, it's after you whap your head, kill the cannibals and talk to the soldiers), then you can add points to Anderson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! More things that irritated me! Anderson running ahead like a headless chicken, constantly yelling at Shepard and nagging her to run faster! jump! shoot! have you forgotten how to handle a gun?! Argh. And yes, I was using throw on the husks but that didn't matter; you HAD TO shoot them.

    And that annoying kid... Grr

    And yes, what was that about Shepard owing Anderson more than one favor?

    Loved this part, as everything else I've read on your site.

    ReplyDelete