Friday, April 5, 2013

Thane: Voyeurism

 photo kol22_zps3a4fd4e5.png

 photo kol23_zpsd3855cf0.png

 photo kol24_zps104d2ef3.png

... come on, how paragon do we have to be?

The next section of the game places Shepard up in some catwalks above the Citadel proper.

 photo kol25_zpsf521b66c.png

 photo kol26_zps144e7efe.png

 photo kol27_zps1b9060a9.png

As an aside, I'm currently reading the Dangan Ronpa let's play and holy shit it is eating my face.

Anyway, Thane's off ... somewhere. Shepard is supposed to trail Talid and check in with Thane on occasion to let him know where everyone is. If you don't update Thane, you can fail out and lose his loyalty.

 photo kol28_zps113656ad.png

Or, if you're me, you manage to glitch out the audio and not have any sound play.

 photo kol29_zps2668d224.png

Between the glitches in this section and the fact that this has zero combat, I suspect this was one of the last missions to be programmed.

But still, that begs the question: Does Shepard have to follow Talid everywhere?

 photo kol230_zpsf842f7b3.png

 photo kol31_zpsf6e7ed68.png

 photo kol32_zps44540d16.png

 photo kol33_zps367c4f24.png

Ladies and gentlemen, the single worst thing I have ever drawn.

 photo kol34_zps45f8f07c.png

There's a dancing turian in this section, lovingly named Techno Turian by Mass Effect nerds. I manage to miss him every time.

Eventually, we come across some dope who's supposed to be a guard:

 photo kol35_zpsfa4c934f.png

 photo kol36_zpscd89e018.png

Walk right past him and you can get to Kolyat holding Talid hostage.

 photo kol37_zps4da4ca15.png

(Does it not kill you that Kolyat is a pallet swapped Thane? In this day and age?)

 photo kol38_zps144b3b07.png

 photo kol39_zpsd17efa86.png

I'm puking rainbows, holy shit. There's a reason ME2 gets called Daddy Issues: The Game.

Anyway, Bailey takes care of everything, and everyone meets back at C-SEC.

 photo kol40_zpsc04163e4.png

 photo kol41_zps9c544042.png

... what the fuck, did Samara come by and fucking advocate for the guy? Do laws mean nothing in the future? This game has, like, zero idea of what a law even is.

Damn, had I been smart, I would have drawn Naegi behind Shepard, all, "YOU'VE GOT THAT WRONG!" I'm going to go try and finish up chapter five, don't spoil me for anything.

Next time: Actually, it's a mission I haven't even played yet. Not even once. That sort of not really narrows it down!

2 comments:

  1. Kolyat totally has a different head! And his shirt is zipped up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crud, thanks. How did I not notice that? I guess Thane's chest takes the spotlight.

      Delete