Saturday, April 13, 2013

Saturday Post! Following MSPixel!

Happy Saturday, everyone! I come bearing a question this Saturday.

You've probably heard that Google is shutting down Google Reader come June. And, uh, Google hosts my site, so I don't think I'm going to say much more on the topic past that, so as not to piss off my overlords.

I have no idea what will happen to those of you following the site via Google Friend Connect. Do you see updates in Google+? G+? Whatever it's called? I honestly don't know, I'm asking.

But for those of you who follow me via Google Reader, and then those of you who don't besides, here's some other ways you can keep up with MSPixel:

  • On Tumblr, mspixel.tumblr.com. I'm not as reliable about updating that, but I'm okay. You also get the added bonus of random MSPixel comics showing up on your dash on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
  • On Twitter, @MSPixelBlog. The twitter feed updates without fail, and you get the added bonus of seeing me tweet a few random things. You can even set text alerts for yourself, or notifications if you've got a smart phone.
  • If you're still jonesing for hot hot Google Reader action, don't forget that you can transfer all your RSS feeds to The Old Reader. It works like a stylized Google Reader. It is boss, highly recommended.
Still, there are some other social networks I was thinking about, so I post today to ask you about them.

What's that, you still want shitty MSPaint? Okay, fine, here we go.

 photo soc_zps98629eb7.png

Here are the social networks I was considering:

Facebook: I don't book face very often, but a lot of people do. I'd gladly explore this platform just for y'all.

Pinterest: Well? MSPixel is photo based. Bioware has a Pinterest presence, too.

G+: Google updates my G+ feed sporadically. If G+ is something you all use, I'd gladly research how to get it to update on the regular.

So toss me a comment and tell me what you'd be interested in, yay nay or otherwise. If you know of another network that you'd like me to use, let me know about that too. (... I mean, I'm not quite sure how I'd do on Instagram, but.)

1 comment:

  1. If I HAD to choose one, probably Google+ since the updates would get lost on FB and I don't use pintrest (I know it would be digital crack for me so I stay away).

    Stupid question. I get update alerts sent to my email, but it apparently isn't via Reader because I didn't know it existed. Will I still get the alerts?

    ReplyDelete