Friday, March 8, 2013

Samara: Morinth

Okay, like any good Mass Effect nerd, I've been playing through the Citadel DLC, and without spoiling anything, can I say?

  • HOLY CRAP THIS THING RULES.
  • There is so damn much content. I'm going to be drawing Mass Effect for the rest of my natural life.

Also before we get down to business: husbando is having trouble beating collectors on platinum for the weekend multiplayer challenge, anyone game for helping him? His XBL name is Jean Sibelius. No, really. Pop him a message, he plays in the evenings EST.

Anyway! The next portion of this game has Shepard running around in whatever you set for her casual outfit.

 photo sor20_zps5ebd846b.png

This is a true story, I always have Shepard in the Cerberus coat. She's the captain, that's what captains wear! But I always forget and have her run around this section of the game in full on Cerberus regalia. It's pretty damn funny.

People who actually think ahead put Shepard in the Kasumi dress, I guess hoping to bag Morinth by showing a little leg?

I did several drawing tests (I practice drawing so I can be this bad, are you not heartbroken now?), but every time I tried to draw that coat, it looked like Shepard was half floating while wearing a white apron. Hey, so, who likes the Kasumi dress? Let's wear the Kasumi dress.

 photo sor21_zpsee3528b8.png

 photo sor22_zps59320f5f.png

 photo sor23_zps746d3342.png

When you get into the VIP section of Afterlife, you'll be tasked with wandering around and poking into people's stuff, seeing what you can do to catch Morinth's attention. Shepard's got a few options, so naturally we'll do the funniest ones.

 photo sor24_zpsf791da47.png

You pretty much have to talk to this jackass, though. WHY does Shepard look like she has tickets to anything?

 photo sor25_zpsc874db81.png

In possibly the most beloved sequence in Mass Effect 2, you can approach an asari and dance with her.

 photo sor26_zpsb15fcc2b.png

If you pass the paragon check, Shepard actually kind of dances well enough for a white person. If you don't?

 photo sor27_zps9c46fd97.png

There is nothing that I can draw that's as funny as the original. Here's a video, go hog wild.

You can also approach a turian and a dancer:

 photo sor28_zps23adc3e2.png

Let's review: a giant space cricket dinosaur bird is trying to proposition a blue woman who can mind sex with people and nothing weird is going to happen. Mass Effect.

 photo sor29_zpsf50faad6.png

 photo sor30_zps7650147a.png

 photo sor31_zps83e4eaab.png

Love this sequence with lady Shepard.

Eventually:

 photo sor32_zps9c6a4610.png

oh holy shit that's how i draw a seasoned sex murderer i should be shot

 photo sor33_zps513984d1.png

The game puts you in a booth with Morinth. Shepard has to put some moves on her to try and get her alone in her apartment.

I mean, the right answers are pretty easy to pick out, but failing this out is hilarious.

 photo sor34_zpsf4798d97.png

Right, but back to business. Morinth will ask about shit like music.

 photo sor35_zps274d378d.png

 photo sor36_zps9c094800.png

 photo sor37_zps7ded75c0.png

 photo sor38_zpsd024ad0a.png

 photo sor39_zpsb698dc38.png

 photo sor40_zpsf8e647af.png

Something I've always wondered: people get cray over Shepard's sexuality. I guess it's a combination of "you can choose Shepard's sexuality" and "the fucking Internet will get pissed over every single thing it comes across." I've always wondered: if you pretend Shepard's a straight lady or a gay man, does this section play a little weird? I always wondered how people justified that for their own personal Shepards. It never bothered me that much because legit it's a fucking video game I always pretended my Shepard was bisexual, and now we all know a little too much about the little headcanons I make up so I'll stop typing.

NEXT TIME: Everybody wants the blue!

1 comment:

  1. Playing a gay male shep must be the most frustrating thing ever, anyway. For the first two games you get no action at all, and then you can either chose Kaidan (yuck) or that very sweet man whose husband. just. died. "Come on, Steve, get over your dead husband so I can sleep with you!" Not inappropriate at all. But the most frustrating part has to be the fact that there's a turian running around with Gideon Emmery's voice, who likes human men, and you still don't get to romance him.

    ReplyDelete