Friday, January 25, 2013

Inthane in the Membrane

 photo tha26a_zps9f9fabf7.png

As Shepard goes along, she keeps finding rooms full of Salarian workers hiding from all the chaos.

 photo tha26b_zpsce31287f.png

 photo tha26c_zpsd82f1b94.png

 photo tha26d_zpscdea3901.png

 photo tha26e_zps1291f2ba.png

 photo tha26f_zps2eae3a78.png

So anyway, let's go get to Nasana Dantius, and by extension, Thane.

 photo tha24_zps761a4cfc.png

Shepard and pals have to cross this windy bridge, and I think it's supposed to affect gameplay? Maybe if you're a sniper person. Vanguard overhere don't notice a difference.

 photo tha25_zpsb05c1ae4.png

Nasana lives in this big ass tower, and rolling up to it is not at all like rolling up to the final castle in a fantasy game. Don't forget Bioware's roots, kids. I mean, look, there was a drawbridge and everything!

You know, Mario can eat it, when I think of The Final Level of a video game, I always think of Pete's castle at the end of The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse. That was a HELL of a game, you all ought to take an afternoon to play it. That was the first game I ever bought with my own money. And beat! The sequel was pretty good too. What was that one called, The Great Circus Mystery or something? It was spectacular, go play it. It's two player co-op, too, which PS WHY didn't Mass Effect 3 have?

That is a hell of a derail, good thing no one ever reads the text!

I think you're supposed to take cover and shoot the mercs down off the balcony, but like I said, vanguard. Those mercs can eat area pull.

 photo tha26_zpse523d92d.png

Some one will argue that I should have gone for heavy pull, but I love area pull ever so much.

And now, finally, Shep and the Shepettes come to Nasana, who is frantically fighting for her life.

 photo tha27_zps0ef0b6ef.png

 photo tha28_zpsc507c6cd.png

Meanwhile, in the vents:

 photo tha29_zps77ca004b.png

 photo tha30_zps17666e7d.png

 photo tha31_zps2643508e.png

 photo tha32_zps5ec9f214.png

WELL! Mr. Krios can take care of his own shit, that's for sure!

(I know you can tell from my delicate renderings that look exactly like they were carved scrimshaw, but just in case, Thane is a drell. You can probably figure out where this is about to go.)

Thane lays Nasana out on her desk.

 photo tha33_zps7964f1fa.png

 photo tha34_zpsdf404a7e.png

 photo tha35_zps69ee3cfb.png

 photo tha36_zps34d7ee55.png

 photo tha37_zpsdcff4af3.png

 photo tha38_zps1fafbfcd.png

 photo tha39_zpsf6e4937a.png

 photo tha40_zpsf634c43c.png

 photo tha41_zps87f35366.png

 photo tha42_zpsdcca88a6.png

Well then!

We're going to have to air this out right here: I've got no beef with Thane personally, but you've already figured out that I didn't plan on doing him. He's the third romance option, and you can totally do him, by the way. I guess if you're going to do an alien, he's not awful looking? Then, I wouldn't have sex with a turian either, so.

I don't do Thane's romance path because ... okay, when people blink they look like --, right? Thane does this thing where he blinks, and his eyes shut like ||. It freaks me out so badly that I couldn't have Shepard flirt with him if I wanted to. Sorry, I know there's people out there who are big Thane fans.

More for Tali I guess.

Every character, once recruited, gets a lovely scene in the conference room where Shepard welcomes them to the Sex Boat Normandy. It serves as a solemn reminder that I can't draw the conference room.

 photo tha43_zpsd6870044.png

 photo tha44_zpsf5a4d099.png

 photo tha45_zps0addef28.png

Horny ass game.

NEXT TIME: A little bit of T and A. You know, like always.

6 comments:

  1. I literally fell off my chair reading this.

    I like Thane's voice and I find the eye thing pretty cool, cats have these membranes, too - but I'd never romance him. The entire byronic hero schtick is about as clichéd as, say, a deus ex machina...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eee, hope you didn't get bruises.

      Delete
    2. Oh no, I just rolled off sideways slowly, giggling. No harm done.

      Delete
  2. Thane looks so adorable! :D

    I remember glossing over the romancable guys for ME2 on the wiki, and I chose not to do Thane because there was a picture of him crying. Really? Wasn't really interested even though he looked rather pretty. And then I met him, found out his story, and I had serious second thoughts... The guy was dying! Who wouldn't be emotional? But, other than one very minor detail, Garrus was totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness my sister and I played that Mickey Mouse game as kids! We could beat it in a little over an hour as we got older! It was so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...she commented a year later.

      Yeah I just recently found this and have been going through it, laughing my ass off.

      Delete