Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Mass Effect 1: Finale!

Remember how I said the Citadel looked like a big ass petal? Each of those petals is a big arm of the Citadel. So, the asari tasked with guarding the Council gets an idea: close the arms, and the reapers can't get in!

Really, that's pretty smart if you get right down to it!

And how does that work out for them?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh, okay, cool, or we could just seal Sovereign inside. That's also a strategy that works. I guess. Promotions all around.

What follows next is a long, long combat sequence, where Shepard and pals fight through like, I don't know, a million and a half geth. Finally they get to --

What? That scene? I'm leaving that scene out. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't played.

No, hush up! It's one of the coolest scenes in Mass Effect 1! Right next to, you know, that other scene I wrote around in the last post. So don't say anything!

So anyway, they bust in the council chambers, and guess who?

Photobucket

Yup. So, Shepard and Saren have the standard Good Guy Bad Guy banter.

Photobucket

And then they fight. Saren takes one straight to the head, and falls through the Presidium's glass to an area below. Shepard sends her two squad mates to check and see if he's really dead.

Photobucket

Meanwhile, Shepard gets a toy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then, Joker calls.

Photobucket

Joker needs someone with an actual rank and, you know, control of the whole damn Citadel to make a decision. The ship the council is on, the Destiny Ascension, is in distress. Joker's sitting at the head of the Alliance fleet. He can swoop in and save them, but he'll lose Alliance ships in the process. What does he do?

I mean, I know the council are dicks and all, but I never figured that was enough reason to let them die. The Alliance will lose ships to Sovereign either way, so I always just go ahead and save the Destiny Ascension. You do what you want in your game. This option actually changes some shit around for ME2, so choose carefully!

Once Shepard regains control of the Citadel, she's able to open the arms back up and let the Alliance fleet in.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Shut up, I hate drawing space ships. Which, trolololol I know, why did I choose a sci-fi story to draw? You know I considered drawing Final Fantasy 13 instead? I fucking love Lightening.

Okay, ANYWAY, more people start demanding The Shep's time.

Photobucket

Huh. Well. That's new.

Sovereign found a use for Saren! Just like Saren said he would. Sovereign takes control of Saren's dead body and attempts to use it to kick your squadmates' ass, which, first of all, eww. Anyway, Shepard makes it down to the chamber to help out some.

Hey, remember how I told you to bring a biotic? That's for this fight. Biotics carve Saren.

Photobucket

As you fight Saren, you get little cut scenes indicating that Sovereign's shields are depleting. Finally, when you bust Saren down again, Sovereign's shields depelete totally, meaning that Joker can swoop in and do this:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hell YES Joker gets the kill shot! Go Joker!

So yay, Sovereign's dead! Woo! And dead reaper parts are flying everywhere! Woo!

Wait --

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sovereign's leg crashes through the council chambers. The aftermath ... it's not pretty.

As such, the ending scenes of Mass Effect 1 begin.

Anderson and some soldiers are searching through the Citadel ruins when they come across Shepard's squadmates.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hmm. That's an awfully short ending. It's pretty conclusive, though, I mean, it's not like --

I'm going to shut up before I spoil something.

Since the council chambers are toasted, the councilors ask to see Shepard in the Presidum Commons.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The game gives you a choice of Anderson or Udina. It really seriously doesn't matter who you choose, but ... why in the living hell would you choose Udina? Lock the Normandy down again, motherfucker, I dare you. Let's go with Anderson!

That's the end of Mass Effect 1. However, we still have two more games AND some novels AND some comics to go through. And, I have surprises! You'll want to see these surprises, trust me.

You know, I think I'll post a surprise in my next entry, actually. Sounds fun!

Did I forget anything?

Photobucket

NEXT TIME: Shepard does not get a promotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment