Friday, August 7, 2015

Citadel: Peak MSPixel

You guys, I'm sorry, I've been in the cosplay mines. (Real talk, if you're going to DragonCon, hunt me the fuck out.) Can I make it up to you with a double long MSPixel?

First, let's discuss friends. Does the following ever happen to you?

 photo cdl380_zps6t859qnn.png

 photo cdl381_zpsn0b3kfam.png

 photo cdl382_zpsozjpjj9h.png

I'm not kidding, I don't sit and watch very well. I think that's why I find video games so much more appealing, at least I'm doing something while I'm watching. (I'd love to watch more anime, because I think there's a mirror universe somewhere where this blog is me drawing out anime episodes poorly instead of video games poorly.)

Also, if we're hanging out, I'd like to ... I don't know, talk to you? Do stuff with you? Make a fucking memory? Not just stare at the damn screen.

And of course, no one ever wants to watch something I would actually want to watch anyway.

 photo cdl383_zpsltd5dbeq.png

What I'm saying is, I'm glad Shepard has the same problem.

 photo cdl384_zpsi6ut6icn.png

... isn't Fleet and Flotilla a video game in the Mass Effect universe?

 photo cdl385_zps9fupraw1.png

I think Fleet and Flotilla is supposed to be some sort of take on Buffy, but I'm not sure, because like I said, I don't sit and watch stuff real often. I decided to make it Quarian Dr. Who instead.

 photo cdl386_zpscerhhdqs.png

...

Oh my GOD. Okay. Let's workshop this scene.

Stuff that is good:

  • I'm pretty sure the melody is one of the love themes from Mass Effect. If I'm right, that's boss.
  • The lyrics are actually pretty.
Stuff that is bad:
  • Literally everything else.
 photo cdl387_zpsoj1pzvyu.png

I mean, this is fucking hard to watch. You get second, third, fourth and fifth hand embarrassment from Tali singing.

 photo cdl388_zps2e4ahq6i.png

This has to be the most diplomatic line in the trilogy, and this is a trilogy with actual diplomats.

 photo cdl389_zps9gw1ps5g.png

Let's all agree that there's only one good singing scene in video game history.

Moving on, Vega and Cortez want to come over.

 photo cdl390_zpsbebzr8rq.png

 photo cdl391_zps2k5ieoar.png

 photo cdl392_zpsjb0llddn.png

 photo cdl393_zpsvgh3wya3.png

 photo cdl394_zps0e4qhghr.png

mspixel.jpg

Jesus Christ, this game is horny. I'm not sure how we can outdo ourselves here.

Switching gears, a story for you. Let us travel back in time, briefly, to when Citadel first came out. I was working on completing it, but I had to work slower than other Mass Effect nerds, because there was, of course, MSPixel to draw.

This kept happening:

 photo cdl395_zpskcqcpvf0.png

 photo cdl396_zps6ljnwrez.png

I'm not kidding, there were so many of you that felt I needed the next scene in my life. Thank you, by the way, I love it when you all talk to me.

(PS, if you need dem links, go follow me on Twitter or Tumblr.)

What was the scene?

 photo cdl397_zpshyfmfosx.png

This was the scene.

 photo cdl398_zps1vzjtyym.png

 photo cdl399_zps5wczonk2.png

 photo cdl400_zpsevr7tvrg.png

EVERYONE GET AMPED: THIS IS THE 400TH CITADEL DLC IMAGE!

 photo cdl401_zpsjpjd1dlc.png

 photo cdl402_zpsnve9zlgu.png

 photo cdl403_zpsrty9ywxq.png

 photo cdl404_zpstcaxgdyb.png

 photo cdl405_zpsighqwjur.png

You know the damn game gets hornier than this? And I'm not even talking about the sex scene.

 photo cdl406_zpso9dojfwd.png

 photo cdl407_zps6rlqkknf.png

 photo cdl408_zpsomrpjnjc.png

Urdnot Wrex, sir, you are a liar! We all know you're not the fittest krogan at all!

 photo cdl409_zpsr9av0afl.png

 photo cdl410_zps1y8izqo3.png

 photo cdl411_zpsiwzyuhdk.png

 photo cdl412_zps6djaris9.png

You know, I almost did Final Fantasy 13 instead of Mass Effect. I could have been trying to remember the difference between fal'cie and l'cie right now instead of drawing a bag of nut ice.

1 comment:

  1. I love you. I don't tell you that enough. You should hear it every day. Or at least every time you make a post as glorious as this.

    ReplyDelete