Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Omega: Blue Team Has The Boom

Hey, let's get out of that mine!

 photo ome120_zps60e55ca7.png

My laptop still isn't fixed: the keyboard is utterly shot, but I can still use my drawing tablet. No more crayon for you all, aren't you relieved? My tablet actually has handwriting recognition software, which lets me type dialogue, if you were wondering.

... I'm typing THIS text on Husbando~'s computer, though, because fuck handwriting entire paragraphs.

 photo ome121_zps2bbb9543.png

You know, I didn't notice this when I first played it, but I did when I had to break it down for MSPixel: Omega is a very disjointed story. "Okay so here's some new aliens OH SHIT LET'S REROUTE POWER o no bombs?!????" I'd be curious to know which Bioware staffer wrote this one.

Also, why the hell would Cerberus blow up Omega? They're on Omega. I know Cerberus is kinda dim, but damn.

 photo ome123_zps7680637d.png

Sure, nice boss lady.

Let us now travel through the picturesque Omegan landscape:

 photo ome124_zpsaa10c34d.png

Make sure you look around here to pick up an easter egg.

 photo ome125_zps8bcd9992.png

Enough hosing around. Aria and Shepard have a planning sesh when they get to the bombs.

 photo ome126_zpsf37a541b.png

 photo ome127_zps42763908.png

Anyway, we have to deactivate all the bombs, it looks something like this:

 photo fer24.png

... what. What. This sequence is just like shooting the Thorian in the nipples back in ME1. Lie to me, say I'm wrong.

Let's call Nyreen, see what's going on there.

 photo ome128_zps417c4f11.png

 photo ome129_zps6a7821d0.png

Aria shoots out a fan for us to walk through, it's really neat:

 photo ome130_zps20d0f824.png

We land straight in a lab that apparently was designing adjutants.

 photo ome131_zpse13a8c3f.png

There's a terminal that fills you in on the creation of the adjutants. I'll save you a few minutes: the adjutants were designed as sort of a vampire species. They can bite other people and turn them into more adjutants.

Okay, but why? "Well, gee, it's so Cerberus can build an army."

Okay, but why? They can already reaperize people, they did it to Paul Grayson. They make this huge deal over how they totally could have mind controlled Shepard. Why, then, did they need to make a whole other alien that could do exactly what they already had the tech to do?! That has to be the biggest damn waste of resources I've ever heard of.

Fuck Cerberus. Let's keep playing.

 photo ome132_zps3ca6b34e.png

Gotcha, Nyreen, catch you later.

Anyway, let us now to the steps of Afterlife.

 photo ome133_zpsb71c019f.png

 photo ome134_zpse4ab7991.png

 photo ome135_zps42a357a4.png

 photo ome136_zps8e81a212.png

 photo ome137_zps1779f78b.png

 photo ome138_zps104077cc.png

 photo ome139_zps0dcb7200.png

And we shall continue down this life path on Friday.

1 comment:

  1. Lol. You didn't even explain Diaba Abers this time, you just wound her up and let her go

    ReplyDelete