Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Arrival, Part The End

BEFORE WE BEGIN TODAY: I am laughing my ass off at the fact that someone got to my site by the keywords "horny things to do on a boat." Some people will be remembered for their good deeds, I will be remembered for rechristening the Normandy.

Okay, so. Weren't we chasing Kenson to Project Base's core?

 photo arr63_zpscd296ee5.png

That trigger's going to blow the whole base sky high!

 photo arr64_zpsf2d87674.png

 photo arr65_zpscdc1d3df.png

There's a renegade interrupt here to shoot Kenson. I've done this section both ways, and I seriously don't remember the difference. Anyway, if you let her live, she manages to blow herself up.

 photo arr66_zps0d1ceb64.png

And, like, only herself too. Not Project Base, or Shepard, or anything that would, you know, further her goal?

Fuck it, let's motor.

 photo arr67_zps25fe8c50.png

 photo arr68_zps3c65e9cf.png

That sounds like a good idea! Shepard runs out to the docks to see if she can get in on some of that.

 photo arr69_zps61bb65aa.png

welp

Shepard's got to fight through some mercs and a mech here. Here's a gameplay tip for you: you played vanguard like I told you to, right?

 photo arr70_zpsac29d0f6.png

Because the Shadow Broker gravity trick works here: all you have to do is hit a merc with a dose of pull, and they go flying off into the atmosphere.

 photo arr71_zps553d5207.png

(You notice Joker's never answering any of these calls? Bioware didn't want to pay Seth Green.)

 photo arr72_zpsb16f6457.png

Remember, we didn't kill Brother Harbinger at the end of ME2, we just killed his collector husk.

 photo arr73_zpsda583943.png

Anyway, Joker comes along and grabs Shepard (wordlessly, of course) right as the asteroid approaches the mass relay.

 photo arr74_zps431df649.png

I love this scene. The mass relay gets confused and tries to zap the asteroid somewhere. The mass relay gets confused.

 photo arr75_zps3bb9b006.png

The mass relay blows apart. It is visually stunning, please accept this shitty MSPaint as a substitute.

Back on the Normandy, Hackett comes aboard and checks with Chakwas to see if Shepard's up and functional.

 photo arr76_zps20108896.png

Um. Okay, so in sick bay:

 photo arr86_zpsd6e42bc9.png

Nah, I'm shitting. But seriously.

 photo arr77_zps6fa003da.png

 photo arr78_zps26b4db76.png

 photo arr79_zps11a83ef9.png

 photo arr80_zps1b8addd1.png

 photo arr81_zps47a9e09c.png

 photo arr82_zpsd35b1ecb.png

 photo arr83_zpsa295bf5f.png

 photo arr84_zps126cd5b3.png

Hackett's all, "I'm ~hinting~ here, Shepard," and I'm glad she gets it, because if it were me? I'd have no idea what I was supposed to do.

 photo arr85_zps60968848.png

This is the real honest actual factual ending of Mass Effect 2: Shepard is arrested and transported to Earth to sit in a brig and await trial.

Which means this is the real honest actual factual ending of MSPixel's Mass Effect 2 offering. But never fear! For we have Mass Effect 3, which I think will take only the rest of my natural life to MSPaint!

Also, don't forget: we've got to get our MEDIA on! Comic books! Novels! Even that novel! We really aren't even saying goodbye to Shepard, she'll pop in once and say hello.

... I'll save that for another entry, though.

NEXT TIME: My least favorite media to date, and I sat through Paragon Lost. Twice. You think about that shit.

3 comments:

  1. Ar-are we doing Deception next? I'm scared...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it weird that because you wrote that the mass relay got confused I started feeling more sorry for the loss of it than I ever felt for the batarians?

    ReplyDelete