Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Foundations: Wrex

Act of Mass Effect, DLC, comic. Y'all know how I roll. I made Husbando~ pick an issue of Foundations, and he picked issue 2, which is Wrex, so let's go.

We open on this idyllic scene on the Citadel.

 photo fou37_zps7414556b.png

Idyllic for Wrex, anyway, he loves choking a bitch.

 photo fou38_zpse1095f26.png

I totally don't get this line. Wrex just choked a human. Right? He looked like a human. So what's the batarian talking about? Unless the brother incident is totally unrelated to the choking a human, but if that's true, why the hell did the story begin with choking that human?

Either way, Wrex handles shit in the usual way.

 photo fou39_zpsa4013696.png

 photo fou40_zpsc2723147.png

Yeah, Wrex headbutts a guy, like, straight into the air.

Then again, complaining about the art in a Foundations comic is much like complaining about the art in MSPixel.

A volus approaches Wrex with a password.

 photo fou41_zpsf0b0f325.png

Wrex gets it right, so the volus takes him to a room on the Citadel with a shit ton of weapons.

 photo fou42_zps9f82716f.png

... can I draw very many guns? I cannot, dear reader, I cannot.

While Wrex and the Volus talk, we discover that the Shadow Broker has hired Wrex to kill Fist. Damn, remember when Wrex was a mercenary? He was one for like ten whole minutes in Mass Effect 1.

Speaking of Mass Effect 1, Fist was in that game. You dealt with him very briefly at the beginning. As you can see from that link, I fucked up and killed him. Welp.

By the by, during this whole thing, there's a Cerberus agent named Rasa tracking Wrex. ("Bean, who the hell is Rasa?" I'm sure I told you not to worry about Rasa in the last Foundations entry.) She gets a brief call into Kai Leng real quick before we return to Wrex, who --

 photo fou44_zpsb19dedea.png

Son. No the hell wonder the Shadow Broker didn't want you to kill anyone near the Presidium. You, sir, are thorough.

As Wrex burns down the entire fucking station, he runs into a merenary:

 photo fou45_zpse2d4ab64.png

 photo fou46_zpsbd0c1483.png

 photo fou47_zps29afc4cf.png

 photo fou48_zps1432466d.png

 photo fou49_zpseec68643.png

While Wrex is screwing around, Rasa calls up Kai Leng and discovers that Fist was going to give info to Cerberus, but now he's defected to Saren. I seriously didn't realize this until now: that would place Foundations before Mass Effect 1 if Saren is still alive. I thought the Foundations comics all took place inbetween ME1 and ME2. Today, I've learned.

Either way, back to Wrex, who is currently Cowboy Bebopping his way off an elevator.

 photo fou50_zps995b53db.png

 photo fou51_zps0ac22f64.png

I'm not even kidding, I'm not sure where he is, but he lights that place up.

 photo fou52_zps843a8553.png

Anyway, here it is! The final confrontation with Fist!

 photo fou53_zps6eac3b86.png

So exciting!

 photo fou54_zpsdfee25c0.png

... huh? Well, okay, but Wrex is a professional merc. He'll find him with all his professional merc skills. I wonder which one he'll use first?

 photo fou55_zpsf3de053f.png

... I am not even bullshitting, go read the comic, that's how Foundations 2 ends. We hunt Fist for 25 pages, we get to the end, and Wrex is just like, "Welp!" and walks off. What. The. Fuck.

But that's okay, I'm sure that's the last time we'll be let down by the ending to a Bioware property.

(On a very ornery side note, I'm so curious to know how DA:I ends. I have no idea what the plot of Dragon Age is, so I probably wouldn't understand the details, I just wonder if it's the total opposite of ME3's ending.)

1 comment:

  1. Well, at the end of DAI, one is very likely to be all 'W.T.F' but it's the good kind of WTF; the kind that makes one go back through the whole game trying to figure out WTF.

    ReplyDelete