Friday, January 24, 2014

The Third Krogan

 photo arl1_zps4a5c0fc3.png

 photo arl2_zpsc3752ea5.png

We could, if we wanted, go barreling right to Tuchanka and wrap this game section up, but I have a better idea. Wrex and Victus will both give us sidequests, so let's see what's going on there.

Wrex has lost a group of krogans called Arlak company while they were off investigating stuff. Let's go see if we can find them.

 photo arl3_zps605e3513.png

 photo arl4_zps980884ac.png

 photo arl5_zpsd313cde6.png

No fuckin' way, hi Grunt!

... if you haven't figured it out, we're going to get to do sidequests with the vast majority of the Mass Effect 2 cast. They never join our party, but they do pop up in cut scenes.

I am the only living person who actually prefers that they don't join my party. Most people disagree, and I get that. I've got Gabris and Leeara, I'm fine. Another character would mess up my flow. They wouldn't cut into my party's exp, would they?

I would have been cool with Grunt being character #4 in my party, though. I still wish we'd gotten four character parties. I say that about every three character party video game ever made, we should give up and move on.

Grunt's waiting for us to investigate some trailers. Trailers are Mass Effect shorthand for temporary housing, I think. It means they didn't have to model tents.

 photo arl6_zps4f086452.png

 photo arl7_zps3d59bfe4.png

 photo arl8_zps57b6f36b.png

 photo arl9_zps2948ba65.png

 photo arl10_zps6762a115.png

So there's our plot: we're down in the hole, Grunt is up on top, and we'll fight along side each other. I wish there was more cooperation between the two groups, but not everything can be Ico, so.

Hey, about that gun Shepard just lifted off a corpse:

 photo arl11_zps88bc0645.png

It shoots fire!

 photo arl12_zps0fa3db7c.png

It'll burn down the webbing around the level!

... why the fuck is there webbing in this level?

 photo arl13_zps39b93b32.png

 photo arl14_zpsf97fdfae.png

There's these little fucking pods all over that spit acid if you get close to them. They suck. Luckily:

 photo arl15_zps36db4e69.png

... you do, however, have to stand and slowly pop each one, one by one. It suuuuuuuuuuuuucks. But getting hit by acid suuuuuuuuuuuucks more. You I know I ran out of ammo on this level one time? That suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckeddddddddd.

 photo arl16_zpsef2c5def.png

Say hello to the ravagers! They also suck!

 photo arl18_zpsd3fad927.png

They'll spit out these little bug things called scavangers at you.

 photo arl19_zpsd033cf0b.png

And I mean, you can charge it --

 photo arl20_zps08a80339.png

But those pink bellies on the ravagers explode into acid.

 photo arl21_zps417cc4af.png

And then, while the acid burns through Shepard's armor, the scavangers come up on her and explode on her. Happy Friday, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Ehem hm *pushes up glasses* technically the little spider things are called "swarmers"

    ReplyDelete