Saturday, November 30, 2013

SATURDAY POST! Fire Emblem Awakening

I know this blog might make you think I sit around and do nothing but swear play Mass Effect, but in reality, I lead a rich and fulfilling life in which I --

... okay, fuck it, I'm not summering in the Bahamas or anything, but I do play other games. I'm kind of ate up with handhelds. They're so easy to pick up and play! I love my 3DS.

I particularly love Fire Emblem Awakening. You have to understand what high praise this is: when it comes to tactics games? I am a dumbass. I usually can't get past level 2 in Final Fantasy Tactics. Really truly! I one time got lucky enough to get to the first level with black mages, and promptly got my shit ate. The other 12 Fire Emblem games would chew me up and spit me out, I'm sure, especially with their permadeath mechanics.

But I can actually play FE:A! ... probably because I can turn off permadeath. I recently beat this game, it was way too fun. Okay, so I had this one character? Her name was Sumia. She was a badass.

 photo fea1_zps78453229.png

She spears people and rides around on a unicorn. A unicorn.

 photo fea2_zps51a25795.png

Also she is a murder machine.

Later in the game, you meet her kid, Cynthia, also known as my favorite character. I'd dress up as her for DragonCon if I thought anyone would recognize me.

Cynthia also gets a unicorn and a spear.

 photo fea3_zps63ced2ea.png

I thought Sumia was a murder machine, but Cynthia's straight nuts. I know all the stats are randomized and shit, but in my game, she hit for way more than Sumia.

 photo fea4_zpsd84bcaf5.png

And she was gleeful about it. It's nuts. I love Cynthia.

Cynthia was my first character to come preinstalled with this ability called Gale Force, which should have been called Fuck You, Bad Guys, because it lets a character take a second turn if they kill a guy.

 photo fea5_zps6ac77f57.png

Murder machine. The child is a murder machine. I think that's the most death and destruction you can employ without actually playing vanguard.

 photo fea6_zpsb2e06d41.png

1 comment:

  1. I love this game as well. I had a similar experience, but with Sully and her daughter instead. Nothing could even scratch them as they plowed through the enemies. (yes, gale force is boss, but I manged to get through my whole first play through without ever discovering it. Doy...)

    ReplyDelete