Friday, October 14, 2016

Mass Effect's Ending: The Conflict

Well, Shepard, every story needs an antagonist, and since Mass Effect is effectively a superhero story, the reapers --

It bothers me that Bioware wanted this story to be more complicated than a melodrama. It really didn't need to be. But I'll shut up now.

The first time I ever used Siri, it ended in a huge screaming fight. Are you surprised?

... I do have to admit I love Star Kid's response, because that's 100% something I would say to someone. "No, you're fighting me, I'm not pissed with you at all."

Wait a minute.

Go google it. The original plotline/ending had to do with the universe's energy depletion. I think Drew Karpyshyn was the major champion of that. Tali's loyalty mission was all supposed to fit into that whole menagerie. The reapers existed to destroy civilizations and keep the energy reserves from getting too low. If Bioware had to go the whole moral gray area route, that would have been a WAY better one.

Kinda stonesy for Bioware to bring it up in a way shittier ending.

1 comment: