Friday, December 9, 2016

Mass Effect's Ending: Chrono Trigger

Mercy crap, kids. I started drawing this entry, and I ... didn't stop. I feel raw, MSPals.

I wound up drawing more than twice the number of images I would need, and it still doesn't divide nicely. So sorry about that, but ey, you're in for some beef next week.

In the mean time, let's discuss the synthesis ending.

The reapers will cease their harvest because ... ?

I mean, I guess it makes sense from the reapers point of view: they want everything the same, so they achieve their goal, so then they fuck off.

... oh my god I just realized another reason why the ending to Mass Effect is bullshit.

Look, suggesting that synthesis will allow the reapers to start a space instagram account is dumb, but it's not as dumb as whatever the fuck actually happens in the game.

what

Okay, there's something that intensely bothers me about the ending. There's a lot of things, but let's look at just one right now:

Right!? Am I the only one that sees the hole here?!

So we've reached the low point, the part that every Mass Effect nerd dreads. We must choose our ending.

There are four endings. There's the one that the extended cut added in: we can shoot the star child, if we wish.

What. Fight me, Chrono Trigger did it first. And better.

Honest to hell, most video games haven't been able to touch the multiple ending thing until maaaaaaaaaaaaybe Undertale took a swing at it. Bioware bungled it so bad they had to set Andromeda 400 yars in the future, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment